We Are Hiring: Sustainability Communications Manager
Sustainability Communications Manager
Would you like to leverage your impact, expand your thought leadership and work with a consulting team tackling some of the biggest challenges of our day? This is your opportunity! You will work with engineers, scientists, economists, policy analysts, and communications experts that are collaborating to create a more sustainable world.
As the Communications Manager, you will work closely with innovative and successful business owners, as well as our technical team and strategy team – gaining exposure to diverse sustainability projects, including working within high-impact industries to lower greenhouse gas emissions; supporting cities and counties in creating climate actions plans; and facilitating strategic planning to support organizations in their work to create a new vision for the future.
Why we think this job is great:
- Your role will support local economic growth while caring for the planet and its people.
- You’re encouraged to grow and thrive through professional development opportunities.
- We provide a work environment that values work/life balance:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedule
- Paid holidays and other PTO + additional time off as needed
- Medical insurance
- Retirement plan
- Profit sharing
What you’ll do:
Marketing and Communications:
- Develop and implement communications plans.
- Develop and/or edit content for communications materials, such as blog posts, technical reports, newsletters and articles.
- Manage the website, social media, and email marketing campaigns.
- Conduct research on various topics.
- Support proposal development.
- Write press releases and develop media kits.
- Prepare case studies to share our clients’ successes and support business development.
- Track, analyze, and report on marketing metrics.
- Design brochures, posters, reports, and marketing materials.
- Create presentations.
- Design icons, graphs, layouts, charts, and other images that speak a thousand words.
Event and Project Support:
- Assist with event planning, including online events.
- Coordinate conference attendance and logistics.
- Communicate with various stakeholders through interviews, workshops, and presentations.
- Track, analyze, and report on engagement metrics.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a team.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing and communications role(s). Relevant college-level courses can be considered.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to translate technical information into an easily understandable concept for various audiences.
- Experience with report layout and preparation utilizing InDesign.
- Knowledge and experience in social media platforms and third-party social management tools.
- Knowledge and experience in data collection and social analytics.
- Tech-savvy. Experience with WordPress, Google apps (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Gmail), HubSpot, and/or Wrike a plus.
Expected Salary: $48,000 – $60,000 (dependent on experience)
About Warm Springs Consulting:
Warm Springs Consulting (WSC) is an Idaho-based, internationally recognized, sustainability consulting firm that serves high-impact industries, businesses and governments by guiding clients in how to leverage sustainability as a strategic and profitable advantage. We support companies in significantly moving the needle on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction while achieving sustainable profits.
Our diverse body of work covers sustainability strategy, economic feasibility studies, electrification analysis, GHG auditing, human-centered design solutions, climate resilience strategies, scenario planning, energy, and waste planning, technology planning and deployment, communications, stakeholder engagement, and organizational training.
WSC is proud to be a Certified B Corporation as well as an Aclymate Climate Leader!
About Our Team:
We’re adventurers who love rafting, mountain biking, and skiing. We’re also homebodies that love to bake muffins, garden, read, and play video games. We have cats, dogs, chickens, lizards, and plants. We have families of all shapes and sizes. On our wall, we hang degrees, certificates, kid drawings, calendar schedules, and goals – including photos of our next vacation destination. We’re introverts and extroverts, thinkers and feelers, and all the personalities that makeup one amazing team.
Hybrid is preferred, which consists of work from the Boise, ID office in a limited capacity. However, 100% remote work may be accommodated for the right candidate.