We’re adventurers who love rafting, mountain biking, and skiing. We’re also homebodies that love to bake muffins, garden, read, and play video games.
We have cats, dogs, chickens, lizards, and plants. We have families of all shapes and sizes. On our wall, we hang degrees, certificates, kid drawings, calendar schedules, and goals - including photos of our next vacation destination.
We’re introverts and extroverts, thinkers and feelers, and all the personalities that make up one amazing team.
Our team is committed to living thriving lives of good health, great connection, and personal and professional growth.
OUR CORE PHILOSOPHY
Born out of a desire to make a difference in the world, co-founders Amber Bieg and Deb LaSalle came together to build a business that demonstrates that sustainability is simply a smart business strategy.
We use science, research, data and expert advice to solve important world problems and inform our policies and practices. Our areas of work include: sustainability consulting, strategic planning and stakeholder engagement. While we see sustainability through a holistic lens, our primary focus is on mitigating climate change.
Our core values are integrity, courage and care. We operationalize these values by defining integrity from a functional rather than moralistic standpoint and establishing social norms of courage and care by inviting our team to speak their minds and hearts.
These values drive everything we do. They are key to building credibility with diverse stakeholders and designing systems that truly work.
HOW WE OPERATE | Our internal values.
- Unyielding Integrity
- Prioritizing People
- High Leverage
- Total Ownership
- Relentless Wow
- Infectious Enthusiasm
- Intentional Margin
- Continuous Growth
Sustainability Communications Manager
Would you like to leverage your impact, expand your thought leadership and work with a consulting team tackling some of the biggest challenges of our day? This is your opportunity! You will work with engineers, scientists, economists, policy analysts, and communications experts that are collaborating to create a more sustainable world.
As the Communications Manager, you will work closely with innovative and successful business owners, as well as our technical team and strategy team - gaining exposure to diverse sustainability projects, including working within high-impact industries to lower greenhouse gas emissions; supporting cities and counties in creating climate actions plans; and facilitating strategic planning to support organizations in their work to create a new vision for the future.
Why we think this job is great:
- Your role will support local economic growth, while caring for the planet and its people.
- You’re encouraged to grow and thrive through professional development opportunities.
- We provide a work environment that values work/life balance:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedule
- Paid holidays and other PTO + additional time off as needed
- Medical insurance
- Retirement plan
- Profit sharing
What you’ll do:
Marketing and Communications:
- Develop and implement communications plans.
- Develop and/or edit content for communications materials, such as blog posts, technical reports, newsletters and articles.
- Manage the website, social media, and email marketing campaigns.
- Conduct research on various topics.
- Support proposal development.
- Write press releases and develop media kits.
- Prepare case studies to share our clients’ successes and support business development.
- Track, analyze, and report on marketing metrics.
- Design brochures, posters, reports, and marketing materials.
- Create presentations.
- Design icons, graphs, layouts, charts, and other images that speak a thousand words.
Event and Project Support:
- Assist with event planning, including online events.
- Coordinate conference attendance and logistics.
- Communicate with various stakeholders through interviews, workshops, and presentations.
- Track, analyze, and report on engagement metrics.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a team.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing and communications role(s). Relevant college-level courses can be considered.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to translate technical information into an easily understandable concept for various audiences.
- Experience with report layout and preparation utilizing InDesign.
- Knowledge and experience in social media platforms and third-party social management tools.
- Knowledge and experience in data collection and social analytics.
- Tech savvy. Experience with WordPress, Google apps (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Gmail), HubSpot, and/or Wrike a plus.
Expected Salary: $48,000 - $60,000 (dependent on experience)
Hybrid is preferred, which consists of work from the Boise, ID office in a limited capacity. However, 100% remote work may be accommodated for the right candidate.